Dead By Daylight: 10th Anniversary

    It is no secret that I play Dead by Daylight a lot... In fact, if I had played it consistently, I would have many more hours and higher-prestige characters than I do. As a survivor main, life in the game is kind of cushy and relaxed. I mean, we kind of get everything handed to us practically with the elusive trait, an abundance of characters, cosmetics, and many other things that give us a slight advantage against the killers. Over the years, Behavior has managed to make things slightly more balanced, and with the arrival of Jason Vorhees, things have become scary and interesting once again. This event, however, is extremely one-sided. As a survivor, I am not ashamed to admit that it mainly benefits the survivors. Killers can poison the survivors, sure, but what good does that do against bully squads? 
    What can be done to make it a more enjoyable experience? Thankfully, during the event, killers have at least a 3-minute queue time. However, most of the time, they have the longest queue times, which can reach 21 minutes. Survivors on the other side of the coin merely have to wait for a couple of seconds before finding a match. When you look at it, one could think "Well, that is because everyone wants to play killers!" or "There are more survivors than there are killers." I have heard from multiple people and seen multiple videos where being a killer just isn't worth playing anymore. You get into a game, after waiting for a long time to play, only for the survivors to disconnect when it is a killer they don't like, or they get hit once. Through the years, I have been told that the killers are the toxic part of the community, but objectively speaking, the survivors actually are. 

    An idea that could maybe balance out this toxicity is to force survivors to see the same P.O.V. as the killers. Put everyone into 1st person. Nerf the elusive and especially the endurance. The endurance hit from getting unhooked is way too long and can really change the game for the survivors. Being in 1st person would really make the game scary once more. Imagine trying to dodge a Huntress axe, Deathslinger's harpoon gun, Clown's bottles, and Jason's hooks in 1st person. It adds challenge. It adds a fear factor. Admittedly, I am unsure how to look around the generators in 1st person. My thoughts aren't always cohesive, and the person I talk this stuff with is currently asleep (it's my boyfriend!). A recent change removed the ability to see who the killer is at the bottom of the loading screen for veteran players. I was upset about this change at first, but the more I played it, the tenser I got when loading into a match, and the more unprepared I became. Hats off to you on that change, Behavior. It was a good one. 

    I know this post doesn't cover everything that needs to be changed or fixed in the game, and I highly doubt that Behavior will ever see this blog, but some changes are needed to help the game be better for everyone. I hate seeing the community constantly up in arms. I hate seeing the racism and homophobia that you see because someone doesn't like the characters or someone is wearing their pride flags. It is disgusting, and this game has always been inclusive, so please. Find a way to fix this. I was so, so happy that we got a Native American character and our first trans character. I love that representation as a Native American myself. The traditional garb is chef's kiss. Behavior, I beseech you. Please fix the game...Make it more balanced. Make it so that it's not survivor-sided or killer-sided. You've done wonderfully so far...but a lot more can still be done to make the game an enjoyable experience for all. 

Comments

Popular Posts